Like technology, the learning environment is a fundamentally important part of the teaching and learning experience. The advent of warmer and dryer summers over recent years has brought the comfort of teachers and children into sharper focus and elevated climate considerations to a key position when annual budgets are being allocated – and with good reason.
The learning environment has been proven to have a marked effect on pupil performance and behaviour: something that may affect where schools rank in their local authority. It has always been the case that better schools attract better funding opportunities, and the link between the environment in the classroom and a successful school is well established.
Higher temperatures in the classroom have been associated with aggressive behaviour displayed by students, and with poorer examination results. With the exam season falling in the hottest months, and with our Summers approaching Mediterranean temperatures, it’s time to act. We supply AC units with built in WiFi adaptors at no extra charge, meaning the temperature can be controlled in classrooms or offices from a mobile phone app, Alexa or Google Assistant.
Air conditioning offers a better way to keep both teaching staff and students comfortable in their learning environment. Some of the clear benefits are listed below.
• Consistent temperatures improve concentration
• With rising class sizes, classroom temperature can be managed
• Air conditioning will heat as well as cool.
• Compared to oil fired heating, and AC unit will pay for itself in under 2 years
• Consistent temperatures in the classroom improve attendance of students and staff
• Overheated classrooms are associated with aggressive behaviour and poor performance
• Cost effective to install and operate: A full AC installation would typically be about two thirds of the cost of an interactive panel.
We install fixed AC units powered by industry leading Panasonic compressors from only £995 and our experienced, friendly engineers are fully FGAS certified.
Call or email for an informal chat, full site survey or details of our mobile cooling solutions for key exam periods.